Labels

Pets (1) Photography (1) Rugby (2) Travel (5)

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Doggy Baths.

It great going for a long walk with the dogs it clears the cobwebs and stretches the legs. What isn't so great is cleaning the dogs afterwards. Somehow they always manage to come back looking and smelling like they've rolled in horse dung. Now my dogs HATE the bath, one will try and escape at every opportunity whilst the other just sits there looking miserable as if hes being tortured. Here are the steps I take to ensure bath-time goes as smoothly as possible.





Firstly I distract the dogs with promises of walkies and a new chew. Luckily for me they are slightly dim witted and would follow me to the ends of the earth. Its only when I've got them in the bathroom do they give me the 'I trusted you, how could you do this to me' eyes.






Once I have a dog in the tub its a 2 person job. One to hold/comfort whilst the other shampoos. One has to ignore the puppy dog eyes and get on with it. I would recommend wearing an old shirt to do this as I often end up as wet as the dogs! 









When finished all the dog wants to do is the old shake 'N' dry. Not something my bathroom agrees with so its now a wrestle to get them wrapped in a towel and carry them into the garden to dry off.





It wasn't all lies, both now have a bone as a treat for being well behaved :-)

And they can enjoy them drying off in-front of the fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment